Skip to main content.
Jefferson Proving Ground - Installation Support Management Agency
  Home breadcrumb arrow History
Begin main content.

History

Mission
Operations
Site Description


Photo of first round fired on May 10, 1941 (select image for larger version)Jefferson Proving Ground (JPG), a 55,265 acre facility was established December 1940, fired its first round 5 months later, and operated until 1995. JPG's primary mission was to perform production and post-production tests of conventional ammunition components and other ordnance items and conduct tests of propellant ammunition/weapons systems and components for the U.S. Army.