After World War II, testing activities were reduced and the site was placed on standby.
In June 1950, the outbreak of the Korean conflict prompted JPG's return to active status. Special production engineering tests, as well as research production tests, were conducted during the 1951 to 1955 period.
Depleted uranium (DU) was added as a test item in 1984 under a
license with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission. All DU testing at
JPG was performed against soft cloth targets.
A total of approximately 25 million rounds were tested at JPG. Approximately 1.5 million rounds of high explosive unexploded ordnance (UXO) remain.
Operations also included a variety of industrial activities, such as weapons maintenance and repair and vehicle maintenance and storage.